Just to say, Eye found and appreciate your efforts to start this, Darlene! Thank you! : )
there is a webinar:
registering for our webinar on March 5 at 3 PM EST (to learn more about nomination and submission process) I think it might be good if we Both nominate him?...
we can brainstorm good ways to present for nomination and then as far as the actual submission if JS is chosen to continue this can be a way to help him put together what is needed for the full application
If ok, I think I'll just start by putting out thought fragments and a short list of things you/we can all work on articulating and editing together over time? John, perhaps you can play with filling these in with descriptions of the various projects and maybe Debbie is good at editing down/ choosing the essential and shaping things formally and compellingly?
Describing John Stone Eyeclectic's work with:
- International Peace Garden at Nimisilla Park with The Ulster Project youth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4J9vfz4QIc a unique perspective of how a public space, such as Nimisilla "Meeting Tree/Heart of the Heartland" pARK can affect not only vistors but the world beyond its borders.
- Nimisilla Park Vision (Future) https://heartoftheheart.wordpress.com/
I know JS has many additions/updates to this
Annual B-Earth Day celebrations
- Photography as Therapy workshops and exhibits: how "The Beauty of LIFE in Perception Park" exhibit Eyenhances a coffee shop or restaurant experience
- Empathy from the Empire" exhibit in the Fifth Avenue Gallery of the Empire State Building, touching visitors from many different nations and walks of LIFE
- Mother Gooseland
- LOVETrain (description of the original launch experiment and larger future vision) concept trainsforms a Train and the Heartminds of riders who continue to carry the effects!
- Global Support Networks/Team Connecting Spaces, Hearts and events around the globe
Knight nomination text submitted by Darlene on 3/18 : (just under limit of 250words)
John Stone is an inspired community activist and visionary absolutely dedicated to the positive evolution of the City of Canton to benefit local communities, visitors and the world at large.
He holds a future vision for Nimisilla Park that is a unique perspective of how a public space, such as Nimisilla "Meeting Tree/Heart of the Heartland" can positively affect not only visitors but nourish the world beyond its borders.
Throughout the last decade, he has launched experimental community events to revitalize underutilized areas and components of the city- including a very innovative and transformational use of existing connecting railways as a Moving gathering space and citizen empowerment think-tank. He has connected youth groups and volunteers near and across the globe to work with their hands and hearts planting and tending symbolic and physical community Gardens of Infinite Peace within Nimisilla.
Through the many years I have known him, he has been diligently consulting with Canton’s mayor, tirelessly attending meetings, and hosting creative educational presentations using his unique Eye and Photography to encourage all community members to see and think outside the box and better appreciate the hidden wonders and Greatest potentials of Canton.
I know I am one of many who are nominating John, and I feel a Knight fellowship will truly ignite the unfolding of many important ideas he can and (with the Foundation’s support and guidance) will implement for the benefit of All.